Several people have told me there were not that many people who live within walking distance of the church. So I asked them "How many people are necessary before you try to reach them one-on-one?"
They had no answer. They got mad at me for asking. Now I am the enemy. I could not force them to "reach lost people" like the web site said they would do. But they weren't doing it now. And it looks to me like they weren't going to do it.
So where do you stand on this? Are you reaching lost people now? Or are you just TALKING ABOUT reaching lost people? Here's an excercise for you:
- Go stand in front of the church facing north.
- Look to the west down Church Street
- Walk to the west and count the houses on the right side of the street and the front doors on the left side of the street where the apartments are.
- Contunue walking west to North Branch Street
- Turn South (left) on Branch Street.
- Continue counting the front doors on both sides of the street
- Turn East (left) on Main Street and continue counting.
- Include all the "front doors" of all the apartments.
- Turn North (left) on Locust Street and continue to the church.
Now answer these questions:
- How many residences (front doors) did you count?
- How many of those front doors have you ever personally visited?
- Who do you know who lives behind even one of those front doors?
- Do you CARE who lives behind those front door?
- Do those people know the Lord?
- Why do those people not walk to FBCAlamo every Sunday morning?
MY CHALLENGE TO YOU IS:
Are you just gonna bitch and moan or are you gonna take action?
Are you going to let those people go to Hell or are you going to take action?
Are you going to wait for a non-motivated church staff or are you going to take action?
Since it is clear the church staff doesn't care, what are you going to do about it? Jesus said "Go and make disciples." How long are you going to wait?
Are you going to do it or are you going to complain?